A grief support group for ALL types of survivors of a loss by suicide.
Beginning early December, 2020
No cost to participate – this will be offered via Zoom due to current Covid protocol.
“Healing To The Max” is the ONLY therapeutic support group offered specifically to support parents and their children bereaved due to a tragic loss by suicide. This twelve-week, intensive group has been collaboratively designed by fellow survivors and clinical counselors with more than 23 years of experience in group therapy. This group will be taught through a narrative therapy lens and will focus on one aspect of this complicated grieving process, each week.
What Our Group Offers:
– a work binder to keep your weekly handouts
– a book to help facilitate your weekly journaling
– a presentation from a mother of child loss, and author of “Journey to Healing – A Mother’s Guide to Navigating Child Loss”
– a presentation from a highly skilled Reiki Healer
– a session introducing animal-assisted interventions
– a session led by a professional art therapist and much more…
The weekly group will include confidential group discussions, self-reflection, and thoughtful hands-on activities as we support the healing process. This will be an intensive therapeutic group, with the goal of harmoniously complementing individual counseling, and other support groups one may be participating in. Each of our twelve week therapy session facilitator manuals have been designed in collaboration with professionals and fellow survivors, and will be reviewed by Dr. Stefan Brennan Ph.D. Dr. Brennan is a local psychiatrist, specializing in Adult Addiction and Mental Health.